Portland Boulder Rally this Saturday!
The PBR is a really fun event hosted by The Circuit climbing gym. We've been supporting the event since the beginning, and it's been a cool way to bring the climbing community together. It's a fun event and the finals are really high energy and awesome to watch. Some official info:
On Saturday, October 12, 2013, The Circuit Bouldering Gym and Next Adventure will present the 3rd annual Portland Boulder Rally at The Circuit Bouldering Gym NE in Portland, Oregon. 100 youth athletes will compete for points and advancement to the USA Climbing Regional Championships in December and 200 athletes will compete for big prizes including a $10,000 cash purse. The cash purse draws acclaimed professional athletes from around the country. The PBR stays true to its roots as an independent competition accessible to all.
The Portland Boulder Rally will have global coverage via a 4 hour HD webcast produced by Louder Than 11, best known for its coverage of the recent Psicobloc competition in August as well as of USA Climbing and UBC Tours. The webcast will include professional athlete interviews, competition and festival highlights, and a live feed of the Open category finals with expert analysis by ClimbingNarc.com creator, Brian Runnells. The webcast can be viewed at www.portlandboulderrally.com. Pre-show: 5-7pm. Live finals coverage: 7-9pm.
The 2013 Portland Boulder Rally is a free event for spectators and will feature the following:
- 7am-11pm - Local food vendors (Portland rated #1 best street food in the world by US News in 2011)
- 8am-11am - USA Climbing Youth competition
- 9am-5pm - Outdoor industry exhibition with sponsor booths and entertainment in a 3,500 square foot tented area.
- 11am-5pm - Portland Boulder Rally competition – 2 Sessions, 150 new problems, 5 categories per gender. Top 5 climbers in Open Women’s and Open Men’s categories advance to the finals.
- 12pm-7pm - Raffle drawings for $17,000 worth of outdoor gear
- 1pm-10pm - Beer garden with discounted micro brews (“Portland currently has the most breweries of any city in the world.” Oregoncraftbeer.com 9/26/13)
- 5pm-7pm - Online stream broadcasting professional athlete interviews, qualifier and competition highlights, festival highlights, and behind the scenes footage.
- 7pm - Open category finals. Live web coverage with exclusive online-only commentary.
- 9pm – Awards then After Party